Diving in December; Maldives
The Maldives is one of the best countries to dive during December. Maldives has a year-round constant temperature between 25 to 30 degrees. Warm weather and calm seas are generally expected in December which is just the start of the northeast monsoon when diving visibility is the best and just prior to the beginning of the very high season for diving. Thus, you will be able to find a good price for diving in December.
One of the best activities to do during the month of December is to enjoy a scuba diving or snorkeling cruise on a Liveaboard. It is a great time to explore manta rays and whale sharks.
Liveaboard Adora offers Best of Maldives Itinerary during December covering Male, Vaavu and Ari Atoll which houses the best dive sites in the Maldives.
Some of these top dive spots include ;
1. Guraidhoo Kandu South Male Atoll: This is a protected marine area that houses several dive sites. Divers are expected to see sharks, eagle rays and napoleons.
2. Maamigili Beyru, South Ari Atoll; located in the southern tip of Ari Atoll, is an incredible place to observe pelagic and schooling fish.
3. Fish Head, North Ari Atoll; locally also known as Mushimasmigili Thila is one of the best spots for spotting sharks in the Maldives. This area is also a protected area. You can sport grey reef sharks here.
4. Miyaru Kandu, Vaavu or Felidhoo Atoll: This is one of the best sites to spot hammerhead sharks. Miyaru in local language means shark. You will be able to spot grey reef sharks as well.
5. Alimatha Jetty, Vaavu Atoll: This is one of the great locations to enjoy a night dive. You are expected to see Nurse sharks, stingray, and giant trevallies.