We highly value your privacy and make this policy easily available throughout our site to assist you in understanding the handling of information in the course of using this site.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it.
Registration and Use of Personal Information
Registration is not required in order to use or access this website.
Please note that if you post comments or articles to any blog or message board on this site, any personally identifiable information you provide in those comments or articles may be read, collated and used by anyone viewing them. As such, we are not responsible for personally identifiable information you may choose to make available through these channels.
We also provide visitors to our website the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from us. In this case, we ask the visitor for his or her email address and name. These communications will include our regular newsletter, product promotions and any other information that we feel may be pertinent to the visitor. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email we send to you, by replying to any email we send you and entering the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line, or by visiting our website.
Again, if you provide us with your email address and/or name for the purposes of receiving communications from us, this information will not be shared with any third-party organization.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
We use your personal information to provide you with only our products and services, and to improve and extend these offerings. They may include:
- Responding to your queries.
- Supporting your travel activities.
- Internal record keeping and administration.
- Responding to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so.
- Checking the accuracy of information about you, including for billing and external ticket purchasing in your name.
- Supporting our staff on the ground in your travel destination/s
- Assessing the quality service provided to you by both ourselves and outside suppliers as well as and any concerns or complaints you raise, so that these can be properly investigated.
- Using your contact information to send you information related to services booked.
- Using your contact information to send promotional material about new products, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting (see ‘Keeping you informed’ below for more information), provided you have given us your explicit consent to do so.
- Using your contact information to conduct and analyse market research.
- To ensure our site is relevant to your needs.
- To deliver services, such as holiday packages or resort holidays, live aboard holidays, newsletters, events, that you request or purchase.
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services, if you so request.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including mailing and delivering purchases and sending postal mail. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Your information will be stored and processed in the Republic of Maldives in which Maldives Boat Club Pvt Ltd abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the Maldivian Law regarding the collection, use, and retention of data.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer wish us to possess your information, you may request correction, updating, or deletion of your information by emailing us; you also may make your request by phone or postal mail at the phone number indicated on our contact us page.
MBC maintains electronic and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized or inappropriate access.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics on our website. This is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 (hereinafter: Google).
Through certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield
Google guarantees that it will follow the EU’s data protection regulations when processing data in the United States.
The Google Analytics service is used to analyze how our website is used. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in the analysis, optimization, and economic operation of our site.
Usage and user-related information, such as IP address, place, time, or frequency of your visits to our website will be transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there. However, we use Google Analytics with the so-called anonymisation function, whereby Google truncates the IP address within the EU or the EEA before it is transmitted to the US.
The data collected in this way is in turn used by Google to provide us with an evaluation of visits to our website and what visitors do once there. This data can also be used to provide other services related to the use of our website and of the internet in general.
Google states that it will not connect your IP address to other data. In addition, Google provides further information with regard to its data protection practices at
including options you can exercise to prevent such use of your data.
In addition, Google offers an opt-out add-on at
Alternatively, you can disable the future analysis of your website visit by Google Analytics, by “clicking” on the link below. By clicking on the link, a so-called “opt-out cookie” is configured, which means that the analysis of your visit to our site will be prevented in the future:
Please note that if you delete the cookies in your browser settings, this may also delete the opt-out cookie and its re-activation may become necessary.
Who we share your data with.
We do not share your personal information with anyone outside MBC to use for their own purposes, except:
- When we have your explicit permission. We do not regard your consent, at any stage, as ‘open ended’ and therefor may ask you to reconfirm that you are happy for us to maintain and use your data as required.
- When we are permitted or obliged to do so by law. For example we are required to provide information to governmental organisations, such as relevant harbour masters and coastguards in order for our vessels to leave port, or to national park authorities in order to operate and allow guests to enter certain areas.
- If you complete one of our online customer feedback surveys. The information you provide will be processed for us.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of MBC, our customers, or others
- In order to detect, prevent, and help with the prosecution of financial crime. For example we may share information with fraud prevention or law enforcement agencies, and other organisations if requested.
- If there are other exceptional circumstances, and we are unable or it is not appropriate to seek your permission.
- In the event that we (or any member(s) of our group) sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets in order to continue operating effectively.
How long we retain your data.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary in order to carry out or lawful business, but always for the minimum term possible. However, for legal and professional reasons some of your data will be held for 7 years from the date of your last consent to use / process your data.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Maldives Boat ClubPvt Ltd
M.Narugismaage-aage, Alhivila Magu
Male’ 20292, Maldives.
If you contact us via email or the contact form, the data you provide will be used for the purpose of processing your request. We must have this data in order to process and answer your inquiry; otherwise we will not be able to answer it in full or at all.
Your data will be deleted once we have fully answered your inquiry and there is no further legal obligation to store your data, such as if an order or contract resulted therefrom.
We review and update this notice regularly. The latest copy of this notice will always be posted on this page along with the date of the last update.